Release notes for Gluster 3.11
The Gluster community is pleased to announce the release of Gluster 3.11.
This is a short term maintenance (STM) Gluster release that includes some substantial changes. The features revolve around, improvements to small file workloads, Halo replication enhancement from Facebook, some usability and performance improvements, among other bug fixes.
The most notable features and changes are documented on the full release notes.
Moving forward, Gluster versions 3.11, 3.10 and 3.8 are actively maintained.
With the release of 3.12 in the future, active maintenance of this (3.11) STM release will be terminated.
Major changes and features
- Switched to storhaug for ganesha and samba high availability
- Added SELinux support for Gluster Volumes
- Several memory leaks are fixed in gfapi during graph switches
- get-state CLI is enhanced to provide client and brick capacity related information
- Ability to serve negative lookups from cache has been added
- New xlator to help developers detecting resource leaks has been added
- Feature for metadata-caching/small file performance is production ready
- “Parallel Readdir” feature introduced in 3.10.0 is production ready
- Object versioning is enabled only if bitrot is enabled
- Distribute layer provides more robust transactions during directory namespace operations
- gfapi extended readdirplus API has been added
- Improved adoption of standard refcounting functions across the code
- Performance improvements to rebalance have been made
- Halo Replication feature in AFR has been introduced
- FALLOCATE support with EC